Harvard Crews in American Henley

Arrangements have practically been completed to send two crews to the American Henley regatta on the Schuylkill River, Philadelphia, on Saturday, May 26. The winning crew in the interclass races on May 18 will row in the race for university class crews and the University second crew will row in the race for second university crews. Several other universities will probably be represented in these races. The two crews, with one substitute each, and G. Whitney '07, assistant manager of the University crew, will leave Boston on the Federal Express at 7.45 o'clock on Thursday evening, May 24. While in Philadelphia the men will stay at the Aldine Hotel.

Last year Harvard was represented for the first time in the American Henley regatta. Then the 1908 Freshman crew which had previously won the class races won the race for second eight-oared crews and the University four-oar finished second in a race for four-oar shells. By entering the University second crew instead of a four-oar this year a strong eight-oar crew, in addition to the Freshmen, will be kept intact for the University eight to row against after the Cornell race. This will somewhat retard the selection of the University four-oar to race Yale in the New London Regatta, but the members of the four-oar and the two substitutes who go to New London will be selected from the University second eight and will therefore be in good condition throughout the season.