HARVARD, 8; EXETER, 1

University baseball Team Won by Good Batting.-Change in Line-up.

Tuesday afternoon at Exeter the University baseball team defeated Phillips Exeter Academy by a score of 8 to 1. Another general change in the line-up of the University team was made at the opening of the game. Stephenson took Burr's place at first base, and Pounds, who has been playing on the second team, was put in right field on the University nine. Harvey and Simons changed places, the former going to centre field, and the latter to shortstop.

With the exception of one bad inning the new order proved successful. The men batted more consistently and for more bases more consistently and for more bases than in any previous game, securing 12 hits in all, two of which were home runs and one a three-bagger.

Castle held Exeter down to two singles and gave but one base on balls. Although he struck out only five men, he was well supported in the field. Currier caught a good game, holding Castle well, and made two good catches of foul flies. Although Stephenson had no chances on ground balls, he made twelve put-outs without an error. Simons was somewhat erratic at shortstop, and with the exception of Castle was the only man not to get a hit. Harvey fielded cleanly except for a poor throw to third, after Castle had throw wild to McCall. Pounds made a home run and a two-base hit.

Leonard opened the game with a short single and stole second. Stephenson singled to right but was caught off second, and McCall and Dexter both went out. For two innings neither team advanced a man past second, but in, the fourth two runs were scored. Dexter made a scratch hit, and Pounds followed with a two-base hit, sending Dexter to third. Harvey's infield hit scored Dexter, and Pounds came in on a passed ball.

In the last of the next inning Exeter scored its only run. With one out Vaughan singled, and took second on a fine catch of a foul fly by Currier. Castle made a wild throw to second, and Harvey's wild throw to Leonard, allowed Vaughan to score.

The University team opened the eighth inning with a single by McCall. Dexter got a base on balls, and Harvey was safe on a fielder's choice, McCall going out at third. Dexter scored on a hit by Currier, and Pounds on Leddy's error.

Four more runs were scored in the ninth. Leonard singled and Stephenson made a home-run. With Dexter on first, Pounds followed with another home run, and Harvey retired the side with a short fly to Connelly.

The summary: HARVARD.   a.b.  r.  b.h.  p.o.  a.  e. Leonard, 3b.  5  1  3  0  3  0 Stephenson, 1b.  5  1  3  12  0  0 MeCall, 2b.  4  0  1  0  3  0 Dexter, l.f.  4  3  1  3  0  0 Pounds, r.f.  5  3  2  2  0  0 Harvey, c.f.  4  0  1  2  0  1 Currier, c.  4  0  1  7  0  0 Simons, s.s.  4  0  0  0  3  2 Castle, p.  3  0  0  1  1  1 Totals,  38  8  12  27  10  4

EXETER.  a.b.  r.  b.h.  p.o.  a.  e.Loftus, r.f.  4  0  0  1  1  0Connelly, 3b.  4  0  0  4  1  0Mulkeen, 2b.  4  0  0  1  2  0Cooney, c.f.  4  0  1  2  0  0Grattan, l.f.  4  0  0  1  0  0Williams, s.s.  3  0  0  3  1  1Vaughan, 1b.  2  1  1  8  0  1Leddy, c.  3  0  0  7  1  1White, p.  3  0  0  0  5  0Totals,  31  1  2  27  11