BASEBALL WITH WILLIAMS

On Soldiers Field at 4.--Hartford to Pitch.--Practice Game Yesterday.

The University baseball team will play Williams on Soldiers Field this afternoon at 4 o'clock. Hartford will pitch for Harvard.

Last year Williams was defeated at Philadelphia in a ten-inning game by a score of 5 to 3, and at Cambridge by a score of 16 to 1. The chances this afternoon favor Harvard, although the score will probably be close, for Williams has already defeated Amherst by a score of 2 to 0, when Ford, the Williams pitcher, did not allow a hit.

Yesterday afternoon the University team did its first work since the Holy Cross game on Saturday. A six-inning practice game was played with the second team, in which the University team won by a score of 4 to 3. Both nines batted hard. The first team was fast on the bases and fielded well, although Burr and Leonard were not in the line-up.

The batting orders: HARVARD.  WILLIAMS. Leonard, 3b.  2b., Wadsworth Stephenson, c.  c.f., Warren Dexter, l.f.  s.s., Young Hellmann, c.f.  3b., Neild McCall, 2b.  l.f., Hogan McCarty, 1b.  r.f., Osterhout Currier, r.f.  c., Waters Hartford, p.  1b., Harmon Harvey, s.s.  p., Ford