Crews Rowed from Red Top

RED TOP, June 11, 1906.--The University and Freshman crew squads, consisting of two eight-oar and two four-oar crews, arrived at Red Top at 6.30 o'clock yesterday afternoon.

Within 15 minutes after their arrival all four crews were sent out on the Thames river. The University eight rowed down stream to the Navy Yard, a distance of two miles, maintaining a stroke of 30, which was raised to 32 toward the end. On the return the crew was accompanied by the University four-oar and the Freshman eight-oar crews.

On the whole, the work was not entirely satisfactory. The men spaced poorly and did not row as smoothly as they have recently been doing. All, however, are in good physical condition, and rowed with life and vigor. Morgan at 3, who has not yet fully settled down in his position, was slightly ragged in his blade work.

The Freshman crew was stroked by Reece, and maintained a stroke of 28 throughout the entire practice J. Cutler, the regular Freshman stroke, accompanied Coaches Wray and Clark in the launch. All the crews rowed in the same order as on Saturday.