GAME WITH BOWDOIN TODAY

On Soldiers Field at 4.--Greene to Pitch. --Close Game Expected.

The University nine will play Bowdoin this afternoon at 4 o'clock on Soldiers Field. Beginning with this game the team will play only two games a week, having now played the greater part of the schedule. Four men of last year's Bowdoin team are playing this spring. Thus far the team has been fairly successful, though it has been defeated in two very close games with Dartmouth, by scores of 10 to 9 and 5 to 4. In the first of these games the Bowdoin team made nine hits against Glaze, the same number as did the Harvard team on May 4. This would seem to indicate something more than average batting ability on the part of the Bowdoin team, for glaze is one of the best pitchers whom the University nine has met this season.

Last year the Harvard-Bowdoin game was cancelled on account of rain.

The batting orders of the teams will be as follows: HARVARD  BOWDOIN Carr s.s  s.s., White Coolidge, 2b.  c.f., Munroe Randall, 1b.  p., Cox Clarkson, c.f.  1b., Havey Stephenson, r.f.  3b., Coffin H. Kernan. l.f.  l.f., Clark Stillman, p.  c., Blanchard Story, 4b  r.f.,Johnson R. P. Kernan, c.  2b., Bly