Greek Play Rehearsed Yesterday

Yesterday afternoon the entire play of the "Agamemnon" of Aeschylus was acted in the Stadium for the first time. All the players were dressed in full costume and the performance was accompanied by the music which Mr. J. E. Lodge composed especially for the play.

The action of the drama occupied about two hours and was excellently rendered. It was by far the best performance of the play that has been given thus far and reflected great credit on the work of the men who have been training the company. The principal characters, especially, interpreted their parts well and spoke their lines with life and feeling. Their dramatic action was superb and showed the results of careful training. The chorus, led by F. H. Birch 2L., kept together well; and their singing, accompanied by the music, was very effective.

The musical accompaniment was furnished by three clarinets and a bassoon, the players of which were stationed on the stage where the Altar of Dionysus will be erected today. The music was very simple and made an effective accompaniment to the words and action of the play.

The stage background, representing the palace of Agamemnon at Argos, was finished yesterday, and is now being given its final coat of paint. It should be fully completed this afternoon. The stage itself will not be prepared for the final performance until tomorrow morning.

The final practice rehearsal will be held in the Stadium at 3 o'clock today. The first public performance will be the dress rehearsal, which will be given at 2.30 o'clock tomorrow afternoon. This will be open only to members of the University and students at other schools and colleges. Admission will be by tickets, which may be obtained for $1 each at Sever's.