DRESS REHEARSAL TODAY

Of "Agamemnon" in Stadium at 2.30.--Open to Students and Teachers.

The public dress rehearsal of the "Agamemnon" of Aeschylus, which is being produced under the auspices of the Classical Department by members of the University, will be held in the Stadium at 2.30 o'clock this afternoon.

This will be the first public performance of the play, and will be open only to members of the University and to students and teachers at other schools and colleges. Admission will be by tickets, which may be obtained for $1 each at Sever's and at the entrance to the Stadium. There will be no reserved seats. The gates will be open at 1 o'clock.

The play opens with the scene at the palace of Agamemnon at Argos, when the Watchman sees the beacon light that announces the fall of Troy. As he proclaims the good news to the people in the palace, twelve old men of Argos, who form the chorus, come on the stage, chanting as they march. They remain on the stage throughout the play, and in their choral odes express the popular feeling of the men of Argos in regard to the events portrayed there. Agamemnon soon returns from Troy, bringing in his train the Trojan captive, Cassandra, of whom Clytaemnestra is jealous. Despite the king's request to have the prisoner treated gently, the queen orders her roughly into the palace. Cassandra foresees her tragic fate, but is unable to persuade the men of Argos that she is being lured to death. In despair, she enters the gates of the palace, which later are thrown open, and the queen is seen exulting over the murdered bodies of both Agamemnon and Cassandra. She then joins Aegisthus, whom she saves from the fury of the Argives and with whom she enters the palace. The chorus then files out with the dead bodies.

The cast, which is made up exclusively of students in the University, is as follows, the principal actors being arranged in the order of their appearance on the stage: Watchman,  M. C. Clapp '07 Clytaemnestra,  H. S. Wyndham-Gittens '06 Herald,  D. Gardiner '07 Agamemnon,  P. H. Noyes '06 Cassandra,  A. S. A. Brady '08 Aegisthus,  A. L. Benshimol '07 Leader of Chorus,  F. H. Birch 2L.

Chorus, R. V. Magers 1G., C. McK. Eldredge '07, S. W. Eldredge '07, A. G. Eldredge '08, E. N. Fales '08, B. M. Langstaff '08, R. E. McMath '08, M. Adelsheim '09, S. B. Luce '09.

In addition there will be about 90 supernumeraries, including Greek captains and soldiers, Trojan captives, charioteers, grooms, a priest, a flute-player, and an attendant.

The two regular performances of the play will be given on Saturday and on next Tuesday, respectively. Tickets for these, at $2 each, are now on sale at the Co-operative store, Sever's, Thurston's, and Grays 24. About 4000 tickets have already been sold.