BASEBALL WITH COLBY TODAY

On Soldiers Field at 2.--Greene to Pitch.--Colby Has Strong Team.

The University baseball team will play Colby this afternoon at 2 o'clock on Soldiers Field.

Last year the University nine defeated Colby by a score of 16 to 5. The game was played earlier in the season, however, and today's contest is likely to be a much harder one for the University team. Colby has a strong nine this year, having won 17 out of the 20 games played. Of the two games with Bowdoin, whom the University team recently defeated, 2 to 0, Colby won one by a score of 7 to 3, but lost the other on June 8, 0 to 3. The game that best shows the strength of the Colby nine is that with Andover, which was won by a score of 5 to 2. Exeter was also defeated, 9 to 0. In its other important games, Colby won from Bates, 3 to 1, the University of Maine, 4 to 2, and Portland, 2 to 1.

The batting orders: HARVARD.  COLBY. Leonard, 3b.  l.f., Tribou Stephenson, 1b.  c., Dwyer Pounds, r.f.  3b., Craig Dexter, l.f.  p., Coombs Simons, s.s.  1b., Willey McCall, 2b.  2b., Lillion Currier, c.  c.f., Shaw Greene, p.  s.s., Reynolds Harvey, c.f.  r.f., Palmer