The Commencement Speakers

George Stanley Stevenson, Jr., Latin Salutatorian, lives in Clinton, Me., and prepared for College at the Coburn Classical Institute, Waterville, Me., He was the first Senior elected to the phi Beta Kappa society this year, and has received scholarships of the first group during the past two years. He received Second Year and Final Honors in Classics. His part is entitled "De Doctorum Virorum Officiis."

James Alfred Field of Milton, who will speak on "The Honorable Unrenowned," prepared at Milton Academy. He was a member of his class Glee Club during his Freshman year, and during the four years of his course was a member of the University Glee Club during his Freshman Year, and during the four years of his course was a member of the University Glee Club, and its leader this last year. He received a Jacob Wendell Scholarship in 1900 and John Harvard scholarships in 1901 and 1902. He was the first Phi Beta Kappa man in his Junior year and is first marshal of the society this year. He is an editor of the CRIMSON and has contributed to the Harvard Monthly. He will return to the University next year as a graduate student and assistant in economics.

Leslie Pinckney Hill, of Orange, N. J., prepared at the East Orange High School. He was on his Freshman debating team in its outside debate, and was vice-president of his Sophomore Debating Club. He received a scholarship of the second group in his Sophomore year, and last year won a second prize in the Boylston prize speaking. The subject of his part will be "The Place of Religion in the Education of the Negro."

Augustus Loring Richards, who will speak on "The Boy in Robert Louis Stevenson," lives in Sherborn, and prepared at the Boston Latin School. He has held Price Greenleaf and John Harvard scholarships, and was Phi Beta Kappa Poet Last year.

Sanford Henry Eisner Freund, of the Law School, lives in Cambridge and prepared for College at Andover. He completed his course for Bachelor of Arts in three years and then entered the Law School. He was the first Phi Beta Kappa man from the class of 1901 and was recording secretary of the society. He graduated summa cum laude by two counts, having received fifteen A's and also Highest Final Honors in history. In 1901 he had a Commencement Part. he is an editor of the Law review and an assistant in English 22, The subject of his part is "The Meaning of Liberty' in the Fourteenth Amendment."

Harry Joy Dunbaugh, who will represent the Law School, lives in Jacksonville, III. In 1899 he received the degree of Bachelor of Arts from Illinois College, where he had been a prominent debater and speaker. At the Law School he has received a Scholarship of the first group. The subject of his part is "The Legal Responsibility of Labor Unions."