Work of Yale Crews at Gales Ferry

GALES FERRY, June 8.--The Yale university crew went out on the river at 11 o'clock this morning for a short spin, and again at 5 o'clock this afternoon, when they had a 5 1-2 mile row. Boulton at stroke showed the effects of inexperience, but improved during the afternoon. A strong wind blew across the river all day and the work of the crew was greatly hindered by the rough water. Considering these adverse conditions the crew rowed well together. No time, however, was taken.

After the university crew returned to the boathouse the freshman crew went up the river. The crew showed improvement but good work was impossible owing to the rough water. At present the crew seems to be farther advanced than last year's freshman crew at the same time. Both the university and freshman four-oared crews were sent out in the evening. The Harvard launch, John Harvard, arrived today and is moored to the float at Red Top.

E. H. Wilkins 1G. and A. B. Fopino '07 were recently elected president and vice-president of the "Circolo Italiano,"