NEITHER TEAM SCORED

In Six-Minute Scrimmage.--Practice Less Snappy.--Eight New Men Reported.

The football practice yesterday was not quite so snappy as on Wednesday. Eight new men reported, thus bringing the squad up to a total of 60 men. The new men were: H. Blanchard '09, tackle; W. Burns '08, end; D. F. Butler '09, quarterback; M. B. Giddings '08, end; G. deK. Gilder '08, quarterback; L. B. Harding '08, end; H. F. Miller sS., end; M. D. Robinson '09, guard. Under the direction of Coach Motley the ends practiced quick starting and running down under punts, while Coach Reid, assisted by Coach Brown, gave the first and second elevens practice in the use of the forward pass with varying success. Both teams were given a short drill in blocking through; and Foster and Burr made several good punts apiece from the same scrimmage formation.

At the beginning of the six-minute scrimmage the second team kicked off, Osborne running the ball back 25 yards. With the ball on the first team's 40-yard line, Foster failed to gain and Lockwood made a poor forward pass, the second team securing the ball. After a few short gains, Taylor tried a drop kick for a goal which failed, Foster making a fair catch on the five-yard line. The second team, however, interfered with the catch, so the ball was advanced 15 yards toward their goal. Foster punted to the second's 45-yard line; and as the second team failed to gain, Taylor kicked back to the University eleven's 25-yard line. On the first play Foster gained five yards, then Newhall tried a quarterback kick which he recovered himself after losing five yards. Inches was offside in the next scrimmage for which the first eleven was penalized five yards. After this time was called.

The line-up for the scrimmage was: FIRST ELEVEN.  SECOND ELEVEN. Kennard, l.e.  r.e., Orr Osborne, l.t.  r.t., Sibley Gilmore, l.g.  r.g., Irving Parker, c.  c., Fraser Kersburg, r.g.  l.g., Hoar Inches, r.t.  l.t., Pell Macdonald, r.e.  l.e., Graydon Newhall, q.b.  q.b., Taylor Lockwood, r.h.  l.h., Lincoln Foster, l.h.  r.h., Burnham Apollonio, f.b.  f.b., Mason