YALE AGREEMENT SUSPENDED

By Vote of Athletic Committee.--Due to Action of Governing Boards.

The Athletic Committee announced yesterday that at a meeting on January 4 it was voted that notice be sent to Yale that owing to the athletic situation at Cambridge Harvard will for the present be unable to renew the two-year agreement. On the following day Professor White, therefore, notified the athletic authorities at Yale that Harvard was forced to discontinue the two-year agreement between the two universities for contests in the four main branches of sport on its expiration the 15th of next March.

This agreement renews itself for successive periods of two years, except upon notice to the contrary by properly constituted authorities not less than six weeks before the termination of the previous period of two years. This action on the part of the Athletic Committee was caused by the vote of the Board of Overseers in concurrence with the Corporation on November 21 directing the committee to sanction no appointments for intercollegiate contests after July 1, 1907. It was consequently necessary to discontinue this two-year agreement with Yale, the second term of which expires on the 15th of next March.

Yale, understanding Harvard's present position and the necessity of discontinuing the agreement, replied consenting to continue athletic contests between the universities during the spring.