WESLEYAN WON CLOSE GAME

University Basketball Team Defeated Last Night by Score of 15 to 14.

In an unusually exciting and well contested game, the University basketball team lost to Wesleyan last night by a score of 15 to 14. On both sides the defense was aggressive and determined. Wesleyan, however, was stronger on the offense and made fewer failures when given opportunities to score. The playing of Captain Burnham was the best of the evening, as he threw two of Harvard's four goals from the floor and prevented his opponent from scoring.

Amberg made the first score of the game on a long and accurate shot, but Soule of Wesleyan immediately afterwards tied the score. The score then alternated until the end of the half, when Wesleyan led, 8 to 7.

In the second half, Harvard gained a lead of five points, as a result of frequent fouls, but late in the period Wesleyan closed up the lead until, with the score 14 to 13 in favor of Harvard, Soule threw the winning goal for Wesleyan.

The summary: HARVARD.  WESLEYAN. Currie, l.f.  r.f., Taylor Broun, r.f.  l.f., Soule Amberg, c.  c., White Burnham, l.g.  r.g., Hayward Brooks, r.g.  l.g., Chamberlain

Score--Harvard, 14; Wesleyan, 15. Goals from floor--Burnham 2, Amberg, Broun, Soule 2, Chamberlain 2, White. Fouls called--on Harvard, 12; on Wesleyan, 15. Goals from fouls--Broun 6; Chamberlain 4, White. Referee--W. N. Knox of Everett. Timekeepers--E. S. Alexander '08 and C. W. Attwater of Wesleyan. Time--20-minute halves.