HARVARD, 17; PRINCETON, 12

University Basketball Team Won Listless Game. Many Fouls Called.

The University basketball team defeated Princeton Saturday afternoon, in a poorly played game, by a score of 17 to 12. Both teams lacked aggressiveness and team play and committed a large number of fouls. For Harvard an encouraging feature of the game was the improvement of Broun's work at forward. His two goals from the floor were well executed and he met with better success than usual in throwing goals from fouls.

Princeton was the first to score, on a goal from foul by Clark, but Harvard immediately tied the score with one by Broun. Brooks threw the first field goal of the game on an easy chance and Broun shortly afterwards increased Harvard's lead by a long spectacular side shot. Halliday scored Princeton's only field goal in the first half. The score at the end of the period was 10 to 6 in Harvard's favor.

In the second half both sides continued to make fouls, but failed to take advantage of the opportunities to score thus offered. Early in the period, Princeton almost tied the score as a result of two field goals in quick succession, but goals by Burnham and Amberg soon put the University team out of danger.

The summary: HARVARD.  PRINCETON. Currie, Downey, l.f.  r.f., Hagenbuch Broun, r.f.  l.f., Thompson, Meese Amberg, c.  c., Clark Burnham, l.g.  r.g., Ryan, Fish Brooks, r.g.  l.g., Halliday

Score--Harvard, 17; Princeton, 12. Goals from floor--Broun 2, Amberg, Brooks, Burnham, Clark, Halliday, Thompson. Fouls called--on Harvard, 14, on Princeton, 15. Goals from fouls--Broun 7, Clark 6. Referee--W. N. Knox of Everett. Timekeepers--E. S. Alexander '08 and F. F. Davis of Princeton. Time--20-minute halves.