Lectures on Scientific Subjects

Five free lectures on popular scientific subjects, illustrated with lantern views, will be given in the Geological Lecture Room of the University Museum on Sunday afternoons at 3.30 o'clock, beginning February 3. The lectures will be open to the public.

The subjects treated in the lectures are related to exhibits in different parts of the Museum and are intended to aid visitors in appreciating the collections. The case of meteorites in the Mineralogical Museum will form the basis of the first lecture by Professor Wolff. The extensive collections and models of ruins from Central America in the Peabody Museum will be described in the illustrated lecture by Dr. Tozzer.

Following are the dates of the lectures with subjects:

February 3--"Meteorites, their Fall from the Sky, their Composition and their Relation to the Rocks of the Earth's Interior," by Professor J. E. Wolff.

February 17--"The Ruins and the Ancient People of Yucatan, Mexico," by Dr. A. M. Tozzer.

March 3--"Why the Earth is Believed to be Millions of Years Old," by Professor W. M. Davis.

March 17--"Tropical Plants, illustrated by Museum Specimens and Pictures," by Professor G. L. Goodale.

March 31--Subject to be announced Iater.