UNIVERSITY WON HOCKEY

By Good Team Play.--Graduates Defeated, 14 to 3.

The University hockey team defeated a team composed mostly of graduates in the Stadium on Saturday afternoon by a score of 14 goals to 3 in a one-sided game. In some respects the work of the University forwards was the most encouraging of the season. Their team work, passing, and shooting was at times excellent; nevertheless, for short periods their playing was decidedly faulty. Sampson and Washburn, the point and goal substitutes on the University team, played with the graduates, since Marshall and Ivy were not present.

During the early part of the first half the University team was kept on the defensive. Toward the close of the period the graduate attack weakened, the playing of the University team greatly improved, and five goals were scored in rapid succession.

At the commencement of the second half neither team changed its line-up but Penhallow soon retired, and his place was taken by Paine, who had been playing in Newhall's position, as the latter is laid up with a slight attack of grip. The better condition and team play of the undergraduates told heavily on their opponents, and the match became onesided. Nine goals were scored without serious opposition because of the excellent attack of Pell, Rumsey, and Townsend.

The summary: HARVARD.  GRADUATES. Pell, l.e.  r.e., Lovering Townsend, l.c.  r.c., MacLeod Rumsey, r.c.  l.c., Goodridge Paine, Fraser-Campbell, r.e.  l.e., Winsor Foster, Briggs, c.p.  c.p., Penhallow, Paine Willetts, p.  p., Sampson Carpenter, g.  g., Washburn

Score--Harvard, 14; Graduates, 3. Goals--Townsend 7, Pell 4, Rumsey 3, MacLeod 2, Lovering. Referees--T. Briggs '09, and H. Foster, Jr., '07. Time keeper--Trainer Donovan. Time--20 minute halves.

The University hockey team will play the Freshmen instead of Newtowne Club in the Stadium tomorrow afternoon. There will be no charge for admission.