Meeting of Lacrosse League Held

The third annual meeting of the United States Intercollegiate Lacrosse League was held at the Park Avenue Hotel, New York, on Saturday afternoon, December 22. The following colleges were represented: Northern Division--Columbia, Cornell, Harvard, Hobart, Pennsylvania: Southern Division--Johns Hopkins, Lehigh, Stevens Institute of Technology, Swarthmore. Officers for the ensuing year were elected as follows: president, W. H. Maddren, of Johns Hopkins; vice-president, J. Miller, of Lehigh; secretary and treasurer, W. H. Weeks, of Hobart.

An amendment to the rules of play was passed, which requires that in any game not more than three players on each side shall be within a radius of seven and one-half yards of the ball at the face-off. The object of this rule is to prevent mass play. Stricter eligibility requirements were proposed, but were not adopted.

Cups were presented to Cornell and Johns Hopkins as the champions of the Northern and Southern Leagues respectively, and Hobart was formally admitted to the Northern Division of the League.

A. H. Elder '07 represented Harvard at the meeting.