2nd Basketball Defeats Tufts 2nd

The University second basketball team defeated the second team from Tufts in a fast and clean game in the Gymnasium last night by the score of 38 to 11. The game was arranged yesterday afternoon to take the place of the game with Brookline High School, which was cancelled.

The second team scored from the floor during the first minute of play and completely outplayed their opponents throughout the game. The forwards played a fast game and took advantage of almost every opportunity to score. The guards, however, were rather weak in securing the ball.

The summary: HARVARD SECOND.  TUFTS SECOND. Currie, l.f.  r.g., Ritshey, Wilson Downey, r.f.  l.g., Groggin Miles, c.  c., King Dial, l.g.  r.f., Murray Dwelley, r.g.  l.f., Hatch

Score--Harvard Second, 38; Tufts Second, 11. Goals--from floor--Downey 5, Miles 4, Currie 4, Dwelley 3, Dial 2, Murray 4; from fouls--Miles 2, Groggin 3. Referee--B. F. Moore 3M. Timekeepers--P. B. Francis '08 and H. A. Burt, Tufts. Time--20-minute halves.

The University team held a short practice game with a scrub team of players from the second and Freshman teams immediately before the game, which it easily won by a score of 30 to 4.