FRESHMEN LOST HOCKEY

To University Team by a Score of 9 to 1.--No Consistent Team Play.

The University hockey team defeated the Freshmen yesterday afternoon in the Stadium by the score of 9 to 1. The one-sided score was due chiefly to the superior condition and greater weight of the University team, for neither side showed consistent team work. Most of the goals were made by Rumsey and Townsend in the first half, and at times in this half the University team showed good team play, and followed back well. The University goal and point played a strong game, but did not have many chances.

Both teams started the game with a rush, but the Freshmen soon weakened, and the University forwards scored frequently. Toward the end of the half the Freshmen strengthened, and held their opponents well. The work of the University team in this half was much better than in the second period, during the course of which eight substitutes were put in and the play became ragged. The University team scored three goals during the half, while the Freshmen made one.

The summary: UNIVERSITY.  FRESHMEN. Pell, Butt, Dougherty, l.e.  r.e., Chapin, Lanigan Townsend, Paine, l.c.  r.c., Dole Rumsey, Leonard, r.c.  l.c., Morgan Fraser-Campbell, Edgell, r.e.  l.e., Hicks Foster, Briggs, c.p.  c.p., Gardner Willetts, Sampson, p.  p., Parker Carpenter, Washburn, g.  g., Wolfe, Carpenter

Score--University Team, 9; Freshmen, 1. Goals--Rumsey 3, Townsend 3, Fraser-Campbell, Edgell, Leonard, Dole, Referee--Dr. F. J. Goodridge '98. Timekeeper--Trainer Donovan. Time--15-minute halves.