Long Hockey Practice Yesterday

In the regular hockey practice in the Stadium yesterday afternoon, Coach Winsor instructed the forwards in formations about the opponents' goal, and gave special attention to the defense. The forwards were given the usual practice of rushing down the ice against their own defense for about half an hour before the game began.

In the line-up between the first and second teams the first team defeated the second by the score of 11 to 1. The practice was long, lasting for one 50-minute period.

For the most part the play was spirited and fast, but without much team play on either side. The two centres on the University team played well together, but the team as a whole did too much slashing and individual work. Both the original goals played well and no score was made on the second team until Washburn was hurt and forced to leave the game, and the Freshman goal was put in. Both coverpoints did some effective body checking.

The summary: FIRST TEAM.  SECOND TEAM. Leonard, l.e.  r.e., Butt Townsend, l.c.  r.c., Edgell Rumsey, r.c.  l.c., Ford, Winsor Fraser-Campbell, Newhall, Fraser-Campbell, r.e.  l.e., Dougherty Foster, Briggs, c.p.  c.p., Briggs, Foster Willetts, Sampson, p.  p., W. M. Washburn, Sampson, Willetts Carpenter, g.  g., F. Washburn, Carpenter, F. Washburn

Score--First Team, 11; Second Team, 1. Goals--Rumsey 5, Townsend 4, Leonard, Fraser-Campbell, Briggs. Referee--Dr. F. J. Goodridge '98. Timekeeper--Coach Donovan. Time--50-minutes.