Dr. Abbott in Appleton Chapel

The Rev. Lyman Abbott D.D., h.'90, of New York, will preach in Appleton Chapel tomorrow evening at 7.30 o'clock.

Dr. Abbott graduated from New York University in 1853, and has received the degree of D.D. from that institution and from Harvard, and the degree of LL.D. from Western Reserve University. He practised law for a time, and was ordained a Congregational minister in 1860. Since then he has held pastorates at Terre Haute, Indiana, New England Church, New York, and Plymouth Church, Brooklyn. For three years after the Civil War he was secretary of the American Union Commission for the aid of freedmen. In 1869 he resigned his pastorate at New York to devote himself to literature. He edited the "Literary Record," of Harper's Magazine, and was associate editor of the "Christian Union" with Henry Ward Beecher. Dr. Abbott is at present editor of "The Outlook."

All seats on the floor will be reserved for members of the University until 7.25 o'clock. Students of the University will enter at the south side door and officers of the University with their families at the north side door.

Dr. Abbott will conduct morning prayers until January 16, and will preach again next Sunday evening.