LECTURE BY DR. GRENFELL

On "Labrador Life" in Living Room of Union at 8.--For Members Only.

Dr. W. T. Grenfell, C.M.G, will give an illustrated lecture on "Labrador Life," in the Living Room of the Union this evening at 8 o'clock, not at 7.30 o'clock as was previously announced. The stereopticon views illustrating the lecture will show the animal life, fjords, and mountains of Labrador, and scenes of winter travel by dog-team.

A graduate of King's College, Oxford, and the Royal College of Surgeons, for a time associated with Sir Frederick Treves, King Edward's surgeon, Dr. Grenfell has been engaged in medical and philanthropic work among the inhabitants of Labrador for over 14 years. He has charge of four hospitals, and by means of his hospital ship, the "Strathcona" cruises the length of the coast in summer, and during the winter covers great distances with dog-teams in his tours among the sparse and needy population. On one of his voyages he made the first chart of the coast which is in any way accurate. Dr. Grenfell is a magistrate, a holder of the Board of Trade certificate of competency as mater-mariner, an agent of Lloyds in pursuing seamen who wreck their vessels for the insurance, and an active opponent of the fraud, the oppression and the drink evil, which find peculiarly helpless victims among the fisher-folk. He has recently been made a Companion of the Order of St. Michael and St. George by King Edward VII for his heroic missionary work. Dr. Grenfell has already shown himself well fitted to treat his material from the point of interest to college men by his lecture on the same subject at the Union two years ago.

The lecture will be open only to members of the Union, and membership tickets must be shown at the door.