REVIEW OF WEEK'S ROWING

No Definite Crews Yet Made Up--Dormitory Rowing

Last week the University crew squad practiced every day, except Saturday. On Monday the crews paddled up to the Brighton Bridge and back. On Tuesday, owing to the wind, the crews did not go out on the river, but the whole squad received instruction on the machines from Coach Wray and Captain Richardson. Wednesday the eight rowed into the basin below Harvard Bridge. Thursday they paddled up to Brighton again, and on Friday had another long row in the basin.

No definite crews have been made up as yet, but the men are rowing according to their afternoon engagements. The University crew has undergone a few changes, but the order has for the most part remained fixed. Wyman has temporarily taken Severance's place at 5, and G. Bacon has been rowing at 2, in place of Fish, who has been ill with a severe cold. E. Bacon and Sargent, the new men from last year's victorious Freshman crew, are showing up well at stroke and bow, respectively. All the crews are rowing easily, and have been improving slowly. Coach Wray has followed in the launch every day and on Friday was assisted by R. L. Bacon '80 and Captain Bacon of last year's crew.

On Friday the University crew rowed in the following order: Stroke, E. Bacon; 7, Richardson; 6, Lunt; 5, Wyman; 4, Morgan, 3, Faulknor; 2, G. Bacon; bow, Sargent.

Dormitory Rowing.

The dormitory crews have been progressing slowly. An abundance of good, but rough, material has come out, and the crews should make a fair showing in the races at the end of this month. Ten crews have been rowing from the Weld Boat Club, and seven from the Newell.