NILES AND PELL IN FINALS

Pickman and Clark Defeated in the Singles.--Results in Doubles.

Two matches were played yesterday in the semi-finals of the singles of the fall tennis tournament, and four in the third round of the doubles tournament. N. W. Niles '09 easily defeated E. M. Pickman '08, 6-2, 6-3, 6-3. The match between C. C. Pell '08 and H. L. Clark was more interesting. The first set went quickly to Pell, 6-0. He played a fast game and Clark did not get warmed up. The second set was closer, going to four all. Pell took the next game by swift forehand and backhand shots, dropping them cleverly in the corners. Clark then made it deuce by persistent lobbing. The last two games Pell took easily, making the score 7-5. The last set was never in doubt. Pell played a fast net game winning 6-2.

The matches in the third round of doubles resulted as follows:

H. F. Atherton 2L. and A. G. Gill 2L. defeated S. Hall '10 and C. H. Wolfe '10, by default; F. S. Blanchard '10 and J. Wheelwright '10 defeated H. F. Atherton 2L. and A. G. Gill 2L., 11-9, 6-4; H. V. Amberg '08 and G. Burt 1G. defeated J. E. Gardner 1L. and H. P. Burt 1G., 6-3, 3-6, 6-4; A. S. Dabney '09 and N. W. Niles '09 defeated F. Pearson '11 and H. Nickerson '11, 8-6, 7-5; C. C. Pell '08 and G. P. Gardner '10 defeated J. Reynolds, Jr., 1L. and S. P. Henshaw 2L., 6-3, 6-1.

The final match in singles between N. W. Niles '09 and C. C. Pell '08 will be played tomorrow. In the semi-finals of the doubles tournament, three sets out of five, the following matches will be played on Jarvis Field today at 2.30: C. C. Pell '08 and G. P. Gardner '10 vs. G. Burt 1G. and H. V. Amberg '08; N. W. Niles '09 and A. S. Dabney '09 vs. F. S. Blanchard '10 and J. Wheelwright '10.