St. Paul's Society Meeting and Plans

Over 70 men were present at the first meeting of St. Paul's Society last night in the Noble Room of Phillips Brooks House. R. Ogilby '02 made a short address dealing with boys' clubs in Boston, after which the plans for the ensuing year were presented by H. Barton, Jr., '09, president of the society.

The plans of the society for this year are unusually extensive. Many prominent speakers have been secured to address the regular weekly meetings which will be held each Wednesday evening. Next Wednesday Rev. W. G. Thayer, rector of St. Mark's School, Southboro, will deliver an address. Though all the dates have not been fixed the following men will speak before the society during the winter: Rev. P. M. Rhinelander, professor of History of Religion in the Episcopal Theological School, Cambridge; Rev. Robb White, Jr., rector of St. James Church, Cambridge; Rev. M. E. Kinsman, assistant-rector of St. Paul's School, Concord; and Dr. Endicott Peabody, head-master of Groton School.

Three separate series of Bible classes will again be conducted, similar to those of last year. The first series will begin the latter part of October, and will be conducted by Dr. E. S. Drown, Professor of Systematic Divinity at the Episcopal Theological School; the second in January will be in charge of Rev. H. van Allen, rector of the Church of the Advent, Boston; and the third in March will be in charge of Dr. H. S. Nash, Professor of New Testament in the Theological School.

Several ex-oarsmen in the University ineligible for dormitory crews are forming an eight for exercise.