CHANGE IN DEBATING PLANS

Debate With Yale and Princeton on Same Night.--Coaches Secured.

At the last meeting of the University Debating Council, it was voted to hold the annual debates with Yale and Princeton this year on the same evening, if Yale will consent to having the date of the Harvard-Yale debate changed from May to March. According to the present schedule, the University debate with Princeton will be held in Cambridge during the latter part of March and the debate with Yale in New Haven in May. In order to give the triangular scheme for holding the three intercollegiate debates between Harvard, Yale and Princeton all on the same evening--a plan that has been repeatedly proposed--a fair trial here at Harvard, the University debating management has suggested to Yale that the annual debate at New Haven next spring be held in March on the same evening and on the same subject as the Harvard-Princeton debate here. If Yale agrees to the plan, the teams that represent Harvard in both debates will argue opposite sides of the question agreed upon. The third debate in the Intercollegiate series this year--between Yale and Princeton--will be held at Princeton in December.

Excellent Coaches Engaged.

The Debating Council has been particularly fortunate in securing coaches for the University teams this year--Hon. A. P. Stone '93 and R. W. Kelso '04 having agreed to act in that capacity. Both Mr. Stone and Mr. Kelso have been former University debaters and have had experience in coaching University teams. Both are graduates of the Harvard Law School and are practicing lawyers in Boston.