Demonstrations at Memorial Hall.

Communications

[We invite all men in the University to submit communications on subjects of timely interest.]

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

At Memorial Hall, during the dinner hour on Monday and Tuesday, as everyone knows, there was an outburst of splendid enthusiasm in support of the team. It is an especially fine thing on the part of the fellows under the present circumstances. But there are a number of men in the Hall who either apparently misunderstood this manifestation of loyalty, or who are unable to appreciate it, and see only an excuse to "rough-house," hammering dishes and trays, and throwing articles of food to such an extent that the Hall looked as though it had been the scene of a riot. Not only is this unnecessary but it is entirely inconsistent with the genuine enthusiasm, which it cheapens.

I repeat that the singing and cheering shows magnificent spirit, and should be encouraged in every way, but that its good effects are entirely spoiled by the rowdyism of a few who are not able to appreciate the spirit which prompts it. Such a "rough-house" should be discountenanced by everyone in the Hall. H. M. GILMORE. '08.