Chess Team Plays Yale in Union

This evening at 7.30 o'clock the University chess team will play its annual match with Yale in the Game Room of the Union. Last year Harvard defeated Yale by the score of 7 matches to 8. in the match tonight a time limit will be enforced of 20 moves an hour for each man. All games not finished at 12 o'clock will be adjudicated.

The University team for this year was chosen as the result of a tournament which was begun early in October and was finished a few days ago. Members of last year's team did not compete in the first round, but started in the second. Forty men entered the tournament and were divided into seven sections, from each of which two men were taken up into the second round. These fourteen and the four members of last year's intercollegiate team played in the second round, and from these, the following ten men were chosen to play tonight: E. Q. Abbott 2L., E. R. Brown '09, D. B. Childs '10, J. L. Clark 2L., M. A. Driscoll 1L., E. H. Gruening 1M., M. V. Hitt '09, E. Jacobson 1G., K. S. Johnson 1G., W. W. Parshley '09.