TALK ON GRAFT IN CITIES

By District Attorney Langdon of San Francisco in Union at 8.

The Honorable William H. Langdon, District Attorney of the County and City of San Francisco, will give a lecture on "The Battle against Graft in the Cities," in the Living Room of the Union this evening at 8 o'clock. The lecture will be open only to members of the Union.

Mr. Langdon who has recently been reelected District Attorney of San Francisco, has become the most powerful reform figure in the politics of the Far West. A public executive of exceptional organizing ability, he has surrounded himself with the best expert talent of the nation and in less than two years has been responsible for redeeming the City of San Francisco from the clutch of graft and corruption. At various times he has held a nomination for public office from every political party in San Francisco-Democratic, Republican, Independence League, Union Labor and Non-Partisan-and in turn he has broken with every party, "boss," or organization which has tried to restrict the free use of his rights of office.

Recommended Articles

Lecture on San Francisco Tonight
Professor H.M. Stephens, of the University of California, secretary of the Academy of Pacific Coast History, will deliver the first
W. H. Langdon's Lecture on Graft
Hon. William H. Langdon, District Attorney of San Francisco, gave an interesting lecture on "The Battle against Graft in the
LECTURE BY MR. SPRECKELS
Mr. Rudolph Spreckels, who became famous as the supporter of Francis J. Heney in the San Francisco graft prosecution, will
MASS MEETING TONIGHT AT 7
A mass meeting will be held in the Living Room of the Union this evening at 7 o'clock, for the
Lampoon Election Last Night
At a meeting of the Lampoon held last evening, M. H. Dall '10 of Washington, D. C., A. Gregg '11,
Mr. F. J. Heney's Lecture Cancelled
Mr. F. J. Heney, of San Francisco, who was to have lectured on "The Remedy by Prevention," in the series