ASSOCIATION OF COLLEGES

Fifty-first Annual Meeting in Brooks House Today and Tomorrow.

The fifty-first annual meeting of the Association of Colleges in New England will be held today and tomorrow in the parlor of Phillips Brooks House. The first session will be held this morning at 10 o'clock, and there will be an afternoon session, at about 2.30 o'clock. Tomorrow's meetings will be held at the same hours. At 1 o'clock today the delegates will be the guests of the President and Fellows at lunch in the Union.

President Eliot will preside at the meetings of the Association, since by long-standing custom the president of the college which entertains the Association acts as presiding officer for the session. A temporary secretary will be chosen at the first meeting today. The discussions of the Association will not be open to the public. The questions which will be brought up in the meetings have been suggested by several of the institutions which are members, and they will be informally discussed as they are brought up by the presiding officer.

The colleges represented at this meeting are as follows: Harvard-President Eliot and Dean W. C. Sabine '88; Yale-Professor Tracy Peck and Rev. Anson Phelps Stokes, Jr., secretary; Brown University-Dean Alexander Meiklejohn and Professor W. C. Bronson; Dartmouth College-Professor Louis H. Dow '90 and Professor John K. Lord; University of Vermont-President Matthew H. Buckman and Professor Frederic Tupper, Jr.; Williams College-President Henry Hopkins and Dean F. C. Ferry '95; Bowdoin College-Professor Charles T. Burnett and Professor Henry Johnson; Middlebury College-President Ezra Brainerd and Professor Charles B. Wright; Amherst College-Professor John M. Tyler; Trinity College-President Flavel S. Luther and Professor F. C. Babbitt '90; Wesleyan University-Professor William N. Rice and Professor A. C. Armstrong; Tufts College-President Frederick W. Hamilton and Dean Frank G. Wren; Boston University-President W. E. Huntington and Professor E. C. Black; Clark University-President G. Stanley Hall and Professor Carroll D. Wright.