PARK SQUARE INDOOR MEET

Harvard Men Make Creditable Showing in Almost Every Field Event.

The Park Square Association held its first indoor handicap games in the Park Square Garden, Boston, last night. The schedule included twelve regular events with over 225 entries, as well as relay races and a special match between W. W. Coe, of the Boston Athletic Association and B. T. Stephenson, Jr., '08, in putting the 8-pound shot. Coe won this match with a distance of 65 feet, 4 1-2 inches: Stephenson's best put was 60 feet, 4 inches.

A scrub relay team composed of H. Watson '10, F. M. de Selding '10, E. K. Merrihew '10, and R. C. Foster '11 easily defeated the Newton Y. M. C. A. team, Foster finishing with a lead of about 80 yards. Each man ran 2 laps, making a total distance of 1280 yards. The time was 2 minutes, 10 2-5 seconds.

Harvard men won all three places in the pole vault. E. L. Parker '10 was first, height 10 ft., 3 in., handicap 3 in., and S. C. Lawrence '10, second, height, 9 ft., 9 in., handicap 8 in. R. G. Harwood '09 and J. R. Barr '10, each with 1 ft. handicap, tied for third place at 8 ft., 9 in. Harwood won the toss. A. Barker '11, with 6 in. handicap, tied with H. A. Gidney, B. A. A., scratch, at 5 ft., 11 in., in the high jump. He was the only man from the University to qualify in this event. In the 60-yard dash A. Sweetser '11, 8 ft. handicap, won first place. His time was 6 3-5 s. L. W. Bangs '08 was second in the 16-pound shot put with a distance of 43 ft., 1-2 in. Coe won the event with a distance of 43 ft., 5 in.