Yale Freshmen Defeated in Hockey

In the last game of their schedule, played in the Stadium Saturday afternoon, the Freshman hockey team defeated the Yale freshmen by a score of 3 to 2. The game was fast and very interesting. Until the latter part of the second half it was clean and free from roughness.

Within a few minutes after play began, Dole made the first score for the Freshmen by a short shot from a scrimmage in front of the goal. This was quickly followed by a second score, made by Morgan after a piece of good team work and accurate passing by the forwards. Although Yale's forwards did not play together consistently they kept the puck mainly in Harvard's end of the rink during the remainder of the half. They were prevented from scoring, however, by the excellent Freshman defense.

The second half was faster and both sides showed better team play. Perry made the first score for Yale after a long rush down the rink and a short scrimmage. Lanigan soon after shot a goal for the Freshmen in a similar manner. Just before the end of the game Fels made the last score for Yale.

For the Freshmen Wolfe played an excellent game at goal, and Parker at point gave him very able support.

The summary: HARVARD 1910.  YALE 1910. Hicks, l.e.  r.e., Fels Morgan, l.c.  r.c., Johnson, Goddard Dole, r.c.  l.c., Perry Lanigan, r.e.  l.e., Heron Gardner, c.p.  c.p., King Parker, p.  p., Lawson Wolfe, g.  g., Merritt

Score--Harvard 1910, 3; Yale 1910, 2. Goals--Dole, Morgan, Lanigan, Perry, Fels. Referee--G. B. Wagstaff '09. Time-keepers--S. B. Olney '10, R. Macartney. Time--20-minute halves.