First Princeton Debate Trials

The first trial to choose the team which will represent the University in the annual debate with Princeton on March 22 will be held in Dane Hall this evening. Speaking will begin promptly at 6.30 o'clock.

The trial tonight is open to all students in the University. It will consist of 5-minute speeches on either side of the question for the debate: "Resolved, That the present distribution of power between the federal and state governments is not adapted to modern conditions, and calls for readjustment in the direction of further centralization." On the basis of these speeches from twelve to sixteen men will be retained for the second trial on next Tuesday evening. The speaking tonight will be judged by Coach E. M. Rabenold 3L., R. W. Kelso 3L., and S. Curtis, assistant in the courses on debating.

The order of speaking will be determined by lot and will be posted in Upper Dane at 1 o'clock this afternoon. All men, intending to speak who have not yet handed in their names, should send them to M. C. Leckner, Dane Hall, this morning. An opportunity to speak will be given, however, at the close of the posted speeches, to all who desire to take part in the trials.