Second Sunday Lecture Tomorrow

"The Ruins and Ancient People of Yucatan, Mexico," will be the subject or the lecture by Dr. A. M. Tozzer '00 tomorrow afternoon at 3 o'clock in the Geological lecture room of the University Museum. This is the second of the Sunday afternoon public lectures.

These ruins have excited great interest from being the most remarkable architectural remains of pre-Columbian time in America. In recent years Dr. Tozzer, as well as other archeologists, has given much time to exploration and study of the ruins, and of the state of civilization they record. The Peabody Museum possesses large collections from Yucatan, and many models or the ruins found there as well as numerous photographs will be shown by Dr. Tozzer. The present inhabitants of Yucatan, the Lacondones, a tribe which Dr. Tozzer has studied with particular care, have sadly deteriorated since they produced such wonderful structures. Various interesting discoveries which have been made from excavations will also be outlined in the lecture.

The entrance to the lecture room is from Oxford street by the south door of the Museum. No tickets are required.