1909 Constitution Amended

At a meeting of the Sophomore class held in Upper Massachusetts last night the amended class constitution was unanimously adopted. The most important amendment provides that, by petition of 50 members of the class, officers of the preceding years may now be renominated, thus allowing absolute freedom in petition nominations.

The revised constitution is as follows:

"(1) There shall be three officers during Freshman, Sophomore, and Junior years, namely--president, vice-president, and secretary-treasurer; but during the Senior year the secretary and treasurer shall be separate officers. In Sophomore and Junior years, new officers shall be elected as explained below.

"(2) In Sophomore and Junior years, the president then in office shall call a meeting in the first week in November for the purpose of electing a nominating committee of ten. At this meeting nominations for the committee may be made to the number of 20, and a ballot then being cast, each man voting for 10 of the 20 nominees, the ten men receiving the highest number of votes shall constitute a committee. In addition to the 10 elected members the class officers shall be members ex-officio.

"(3) The committee so selected shall nominate within one week at least two candidates for each office.

"(4) There shall be no restrictions on the nominating committee, except that it may not nominate officers of the preceding years.

"(5) Additional nominations may be made by petition of 50 members of the class. There are no restrictions whatsoever on such nominations.

"(6) The election shall be by Australian ballot from 9 A. M. to 6 P. M.

"(7) An announcement of any meeting, stating its purposes, must be published in the CRIMSON the morning of the day set for the meeting, and also before if possible.

"(8) On petition of 50 men, or at the discretion of the class officers, any motion passed at a meeting of less than half the class shall be submitted to canvass."