HARVARD VS. JOHNS HOPKINS

Lacrosse Team Plays at Baltimore Today at 3.30.--Johns Hopkins Strong.

The University lacrosse team will play its first game with Johns Hopkins University on Maryland Oval, Baltimore, at 3.30 o'clock this afternoon.

The only men from last year's team who are eligible now are Captain E. J. Wendell '07, E. S. Barber '08, P. B. Francis '08, and B. M. Vance '08. Nevertheless, the team is in good shape, when its lack of practice is taken into account. Several men from last year's Freshman team are available, and some of the new material is promising. The practice of the last few days has been very encouraging as a good deal of team work was shown.

Johns Hopkins has, as usual, a strong team, which is much further developed than the University team, for it began work earlier in the season. The chances of winning the game today seem to favor Johns Hopkins.

The Harvard team will line up as follows: Sheip, g.; Thomas, p.; Marsters, c.p.; Arnold, 1d.; Comey, 2d.; Cochrane, 3d.; Cobb, c.; Vance, 3a.; Barber, 2a.; Wendell, 1a.; Porter, o.h.; Currie, i.h.

On Tuesday the team will play the Mt. Washington Club at Baltimore, and on Wednesday it will play Swarthmore at Swarthmore. A game will be played with Lehigh in South Bethlehem on Thursday. Stevens will be played in Hoboken on Friday, and the last game of the trip will be played with the Crescent Athletic Club on Saturday.