LECTURE BY MR. W. T. STEAD

In Union Tonight at 8, on "The United States of the World."

Mr. William Thomas Stead, of London, will deliver a lecture in the Living Room of the Union on "The United States of the World" this evening at 8 o'clock. Mr. Stead has been for some time one of the most prominent advocates of peace in England, having been a delegate to the Hague Peace Conference, and a firm disbeliever in the English-Boer war. He was also among the most prominent delegates at the recent National Peace and Arbitration Conference, held in New York City, last week. While there he spoke before the Society for Ethical Culture on "Peace Movement," and delivered addresses before the peace meetings in the Broadway Tabernacle, the Labor Meeting at the Cooper Union, and the Children's Meeting in Carnegle Hall.

From 1889 to 1889 he held the positions of assistant and chief editor of the "Pall Mall Gazette, and in 1895 began editing the "Masterpiece Library of Penny Poets, Novels and Prose Classics." Among his writings are "The Maiden Tribute of Modern Babylon," "The Truth about Russia," "The Labor War in the United States," and "The Conference at the Hague." Possibly his best known literary achievement has been his founding the English, American and Australasian editions of the "Review of Reviews."