CHURCH SOCIETY CONFERENCE

Of New England Colleges in Brooks House Today and Tomorrow.

The annual conference of the church societies of the New England colleges, which met last year in Trinity Church, Boston, will be held in Phillips Brooks House today and tomorrow at the invitation of the St. Paul's Society. Delegates from Harvard, Yale, Dartmouth, Williams, Amherst, Trinity, St. Mark's School, and St. George's School, will assemble for the purpose of strengthening the efficiency of the church societies by an interchange of practical experience and the discussion of unsolved problems. At a reception in Brooks House last evening an assignment of rooms was made to the various delegates.

This morning at 9.30 o'clock, after morning prayer at 9 by Rev. H. C. Parke, Jr., the delegates will attend the following conferences in Brooks House: "What the Preparatory School can do for its Graduates in College," E. S. Hale '08 and H. N. Arrowsmith '09; "What Preparatory School Graduates can do to prepare Schoolboys for Active Religious Life in College," H. B. Barton '09; "How to bring college Men to appreciate the Grace of the Sacraments," Rev. W. H. van Allen, D.D. After lunch in the Union, Rev. A. H. Vinton, D.D., bishop of Western Massachusetts, will speak on "The Bible." The delegates will then attend the Harvard-Dartmouth baseball game on Soldiers Field.

In the evening the discussion in Brooks House will be devoted to the subject: "How can we reach College Men?", and conferences will be led by the following men: "By College Church Societies," B. M. Washburn, Dartmouth, and R. L. Wright, Trinity; "By Bible classes," H. P. Stokes, Jr., Yale; By Work in City Missions," P. E. Osgood '04. At 9.30 o'clock Rev. H. S. Nash '78, of the Episcopal Theological Seminary, will speak on "Preparation for the Corporate Communion."

Tomorrow morning after the Corporation Communication in Christ Church at 8.15 o'clock, Rev. Prescott Evarts '81 will preach at 10.30 o'clock. After dinner at the Union, Rev. E. S. Drown '84, D.D., will give a smoke talk on "How to Meet Intellectual Difficulties." At 4 o'clock Professor C. H. Hayes, of the General Seminary of New York, will preach on "The Joy of Service" at Christ Church, and directly afterwards Mr. R. H. Gardiner '76, president of the Brotherhood of St. Andrew, will give a farewell address in Brooks House.

All men in the University who are members of the Episcopal Church are cordially invited to attend the conference.