Pres. Eliot at Peace Conference

President and Mrs. Eliot, who have been in Bermuda since March 18, are expected to arrive in New York next Friday morning. President Eliot will attend a dinner given on Friday evening by the Long Island Harvard Club of Brooklyn, Long Island, where he is expected to speak. He will stay in New York during the early part of the following week to attend the International Peace Conference to be held at Carnegie Hall on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, April 15, 16, and 17. Professor Munsterberg will also attend the conference as representatives for Germany.

On Monday evening, April 15, the international views of the Peace Movement will be discussed. The speaker for America will be the Honorable Oscar S. Strauss, Secretary of Commerce and Labor; for France, Baron d'Estournelles de Constant; for England, Sir Robert Cranston, ex-Lord provost of Edinburgh; for Germany, Professor Hugo Munsterberg of Harvard; for Belgium, Baron Descamps, the secretary of state; for Holland, Mr. Maarten Maartens.

On Tuesday evening, a University meeting will take place, at which the presidents of the large universities are expected to speak. Beside President Eliot, there are the following: President Butler, Columbia; President Edmund James, University of Illinois; President Carey Thomas, Bryn Mawr College.

On Wednesday evening a public dinner will be held, at which speeches from President Theodore Roosevelt '80, Earl Grey, Governor General of Canada, James Bryce, the English Ambassador to the United States, and Rev. Edward Everett Hale '39, are expected.

The afternoon meetings will be devoted to the commercial, industrial, legislative and judicial aspects of the peace movement, and to the discussion of the women's relation to the movement. Hon. Elihu Root, Secretary of State, Governor Hughes of New York, Mr. W. T. Stead of England, Hon. Richard Bartholdt, and Hon. William Jennings Bryan will speak at these meetings.