Crimson Baseball Victory Today!

The CRIMSON will once more show its athletic superiority today by defeating the Lampoons in baseball on Soldiers Field at 4 o'clock. Again and again the funny boys have gone down to defeat before the representatives of the great daily, but every spring their fancy lightly turns to thoughts of baseball, and by fair means or foul they make up a team for the annual contest. It is rumored that several members of major league professional teams have been shanghaied and brought to Cambridge to take part in the game; but the CRIMSON team, trained to the minute on Memorial Hall free soup, will have no trouble in humbling their humorous(?) opponents.

In practice the athletes of the University daily have shown a dexterity truly remarkable and were even mistaken for the University nine by a bystander on Soldiers Field recently. In fact Coach Pieper, watching the team at work a few days ago, annexed several members to the University squad; but the CRIMSON, in no way daunted by this setback, will bring to the game today as noble an aggregation of ball-tossers as Harvard has ever produced. At the bat the wearers of the "C" are formidable, and never allow a pitched ball to go by them, being especially effective on high balls. The Lampoons have been batting a great deal lately, but they will be no match for the scientific curves of the CRIMSON'S twirler.

The batting orders:

CRIMSON.  LAMPOON.Green, p.  p., HeynigerEvarts, c.  c., B. StopMorse, 1b.  1b., RingerIjams, 2b.  2b., CandidateFarquhar, 3b.  3b., Bum JokeLane, s.s.  s.s., H. HaGund, l.f.  l.f., PunchGroton, c.f.  c.f., JudyDefriez, r.f.  r.f., A. Muffe