VISIT OF BARON KUROKI

Famous Japanese General Given an Enthusiastic Reception Yesterday.

General Baron Tamemoto Kuroki, head of the Japanese Imperial Army in the Russo-Japanese war, was given an enthusiastic reception yesterday, on the occasion of his visit here as the guest of the University. After having been received in the morning by Governor Guild and Mayor Fitzgerald, on behalf of the state of Massachusetts, and the city of Boston, General Kuroki and his staff, accompanied by Major Henry Lee Higginson '55 and Mr. J. D. Greene '96, representing the Corporation, came to Cambridge.

On the way here, the party passed the Medical School buildings and the Stadiium, which General Kuroki viewed with considerable interest. While in Cambridge, they visited the Longfellow House on Brattle street, and stopped at the Washington Elm. Shortly after 12 o'clock the party visited Memorial Hall, and from there they went through the Yard to the Union, where they were entertained at luncheon shortly after 1 o'clock in the Trophy Room.

At 3 o'clock on the steps of University Hall, Major Higginson briefly introduced Baron Kuroki to a large and enthusiastic crowd of students, who had assembled in the Yard. J. D. White '07 then led a cheer for Baron Kuroki, who responded in Japanese, expressing his pleasure at coming to the University and at his cordial reception. Another cheer followed, after which the party left the Yard by the Johnston Gate between lines of students and journeyed to Lexington, as guests of the Harvard Japanese Club.