RESULTS OF HENLEY REGATTA

Freshmen Finished Second in Second Eight-Oared Race.--Other Events.

The Freshman crew, which represented the University at the American Henley regatta at Philadelphia on Saturday afternoon, won second place in the Second Eight-oared race by defeating the Pennsylvania freshmen by three feet. The Yale second crew, which was the only other crew entered in this race, won in 6 minutes, 54 4-5 seconds.

The race between the Freshmen and the Pennsylvania crew was very close throughout the whole course, and up to within 100 yards of the finish, Pennsylvania was in the lead.

In the Senior Eight-oared race, the New York Athletic Club crew defeated the eights representing the Batchelor's Barge Club and the University of Pennsylvania, in the order named, and also lowered the record for the course of one mile and 550 yards, by 2 4-5 seconds. A second feature of the regatta was the defeat of the Cornell, Pennsylvania and Georgetown crews, which entered the Junior Collegiate Eight-oared race. The Yale second crew, immediately after winning the Second Eight-oared shell race, also took first place in this event.

The Freshman crew rowed in the following order: Stroke, Bacon; 7, Marvin; 6, Sargent; 5, Wyman; 4, Buxton; 3, Coit; 2, Loring; bow, Morgan; cox., King.