TENNIS TEAM DEFEATED

By Yale on Saturday.--Harvard Team Won Three Matches Out of Nine.

Yale for the first time defeated Harvard in tennis on the Longwood Cricket Club courts on Saturday morning, winning six of the nine matches played. The Harvard team as a whole did not play its best game, and this fact coupled with the steady playing of the Yale men, had much to do with the latter's victory. Yale won four of the six single matches, and therefore had to win but one of the doubles to secure the necessary five points out of the nine. J. M. Morse '07 played the most consistent tennis of any of the University players, both in the singles and the doubles. He and A. N. Reggio '07 were the only members of the team to win their matches in the singles.

The summary:

Singles--Morse (H.) defeated Spaulding (Y.), 6-2, 6-2; Dodge (Y.) defeated Pell (H.), 2-6, 6-4, 6-4; Colston (Y.) defeated Dabney (H.), 6-1, 6-1; Dolbeare (Y.) defeated Harlow (H.), 6-2, 3-6, 6-0; Reggio (H.) defeated Jones (Y.), 6-4, 6-1; Bundy (Y.) defeated Pearson (H.), 6-4, 3-6, 6-3.

Doubles--Spaulding and Bundy (Y.) defeated Morse and Pell (H.), 6-3, 8-6; Dodge and Colston (Y.) defeated Dabney and Reggio (H.), 6-4, 6-1; Harlow and Pearson (H.) defeated Dolbeare and Jones (Y.), 6-4, 6-3.