INTERNATIONAL TRACK MEET

The Harvard and Yale joint track team which will compete against Oxford and Cambridge in the international meet at the Queen's Club, London, on July 20, will sail for England July 6, on the "Teutonic," from New York. At a meeting tonight the Harvard squad will be definitely decided upon and the exact number of events determined. An effort is being made to have the shotput added to the regular nine events, which are the 120-yard hurdles, the 100-yard dash, the 440-yard and 880-yard runs, the mile and two-mile runs, the high and broad jumps, and the hammer throw. Training will commence tomorrow and the trials to select the joint team will be held in New Haven a few days before the men leave. Two men from each team will be entered in the sprints and field events and three in the mile and two-mile runs.

This will be the third international track meet between the two American and two English colleges. The first meet, held at the Queen's Club in 1899, was won by the English team by a score of five to four. In 1901, however, in a return meet held at the Berkeley Oval, New York, the American team won decisively by a score of 6 points to 3. In both meets the Americans won the 120-yard hurdles, the 100-yard dash, the high jump and the hammer throw, but lost the 880-yard, mile and two-mile runs.

The funds for the trip are being raised by graduates under the direction of G.B. Morison '83 and a committee of three, N.W. Bingham '95, R. Ernst '03 and P. Dana '04.