YALE GAME CHEERING ARRANGEMENTS

The CRIMSON prints in another column a communication offering suggestions for improving the cheering at the Yale game. We agree with the writer that this should be the occasion of a greater demonstration, provided it is conducted in such a way as not to delay or interfere with the game. The success of a parade to the field, depends upon the disposition of a large number of undergraduates to make a slight personal sacrifice. As the game comes on the day before Class Day, many men, underclassmen as well as Seniors, will have friends in Cambridge, and it is hardly fair to ask them to leave their guests to find their way alone, in order to march in the parade. Those, however, who shun the cheering section merely because of the discomfort of walking in a crowd, should realize that they have more responsibility than at a professional game. Numbers count in cheering as well as enthusiasm, and a half-filled cheering section is nearly as useless as none at all. Let every man who has no good reason for doing otherwise, plan to march to the field and procure a seat in the cheering section at the first sale.

In regard to the statement that there were not enough seats in the cheering section at the last Yale game, we understand that this year several sections along the third base line will be sold only as cheering sections for the first few days of the sale. As all seats are reserved, no man who marches in the parade will be forced to stand, no matter how large the crowd may be. This arrangement should remove one of the most serious obstacles in the way of united cheering, and should assure a hearty support for the team. The writer of the communication further objects that men who purchase a seat in a cheering section are not allowed to procure seats for their friends. This objection is clearly a reasonable one, and we believe that again it does not apply to this year's arrangements. Men who make sacrifices to sit in the cheering section should certainly be allowed to purchase as many tickets elsewhere as other Harvard men who go merely as spectators.