UNION OPENS THIS MORNING

Building open hereafter from 7.30 until Midnight. Inspection Invited for the Next few Days.

All departments of the Union, including the Dining Room, Living Room, Library, Writing Room, and Billiard Room, will be open today during the regular hours, from 7.30 A. M. to 12 o'clock midnight.

For a few days the building will be open for inspection to all members of the University, but after that time only members of the Union will be admitted. The annual dues for active membership are $10, and any student enrolled in a department of the University during the current academic year may have his membership dues charged on the University term bill. Associate membership, with annual dues of $5, payable in advance, is open to officers and past members of the University residing within twenty-five miles of Cambridge, and students in the departments located outside of Cambridge. Associate membership does not give the privilege of voting.

Meals will be served to members in the Dining Room at the regular hours: breakfast, 7.30 A. M. to 12 M.; luncheon, 12 M. to 2 P. M.; dinner, 6 P. M. to 8 P. M. Light refreshments can be obtained through the bellboys from 12M. to 11 P. M. The ladies' dining room and reception room and the gallery of the Living Room will be open daily from 12 o'clock noon to 8 P. M. to ladies accompanied by a member. The entire building will be open to ladies accompanied by a member on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month.

Several slight alterations and improvements have been made in the building during the summer. A small part of the Billiard Room at the eastern end has been partitioned off as a store room for chairs. A trap door, communicating with the Living Room, has been cut whereby chairs can be quickly lifted up on occasion of lectures, mass-meetings, etc. The walls of the Writing Room have been newly colored, and the door communicating with the small north room has been narrowed.

No list of entertainments and lectures has as yet been definitely arranged, but it is planned to have some entertainment for nearly every Tuesday night of the College year. These will be fully announced from time to time in the CRIMSON