PRESERVATION OF RECORDS.

In the course of several years a large number of records accumulate for which there is no adequate depository. The various committees on class affairs, Union dances, etc.; the managers of scrub athletic series and numerous other bodies have or are expected to have records which are valuable only to the men who are connected with the same interests in future years. Yet in many cases these records, if compiled at all, are either kept by the men who wrote them, or are left in widely scattered places. In various parts of the CRIMSON office we have recently discovered three sets of records of scrub football and baseball series, which were so concealed that they would probably never have come to the notice of the men for whose benefit they were written.

To remedy this difficulty there should be some sort of library for undergraduate records, preferably in the Union. These could be collected and cared for by some permanent attendant, or by some man or committee appointed each year. The value of such a storehouse of valuable information will doubtless be imperfectly appreciated by the men who possess it, but if some organization assures its preservation and its accessibility, it will be invaluable to members of future classes.