Prof. and Mrs. Clemen Give Reception

Professor and Mrs. Paul Clemen will give a farewell reception from 4 to 6 o'clock this afternoon in the parlor of Phillips Brooks House to their friends and associates of Cambridge and Boston. About 150 invitations to the reception have been sent out.

Professor Clemen will give his last lecture at Harvard on Saturday, and will leave Cambridge next week for a lecturing tour of about a month in the principal cities of the middle West. In most cases his lectures will be given under the auspices of colleges or universities. He will return to the East early in March and will then sail for Germany to resume his duties as professor of art at the University of Bonn.

Professor Clemen has given three regular courses of lectures here this half year: German Art I, on "German and French Art from the Early Middle Ages to the End of the Eighteenth Century;" German Art 1, a public course on "German Art in the Nineteenth Century;" and a seminary course on "Mediaeval German Sculpture." In addition he has given single lectures at Wellesley, Princeton, and before the Bostoner Deutsche Gesellschaft, of which he has been made an honorary member. Two receptions have been tendered him by the Deutscher Verein, of which he is also a member.