BASKETBALL TEAM WON

Princeton Defeated 16 to 13.--Fish Showed up Well at Centre.

The University basketball team defeated Princeton Saturday night by the score of 16 to 13 in a rough and poorly played game. For Harvard, an encouraging feature of the game was the work of Fish at centre. Although this was his first game, he materially aided the team by his excellent defensive work, and gives promise of becoming a very strong player.

The University team led throughout the first half, which ended with the score 6 to 3 in its favor. Princeton then made a change in its line-up. This appeared to put more life into the team, and about the middle of the second half the score was tied at 11-11. Currie then made two goals from fouls. A few minutes later, however, Clark tied the score with a goal from the middle of the floor. But the University team again took the lead by a goal by Browne and a foul by Currie which ended the scoring.

The shift of Browne from centre to left guard proved successful, and he did better work in his new position than he had done at centre. Allen's shooting was very accurate and he scored four goals from the floor. For Princeton, Halliday and Clark did the best work.

The summary: HARVARD.  PRINCETON. Currie, l.f.  r.f., Hagenbuck, Meese Allen, r.f.  l.f., Ryan Fish, Wyman, c.  c., Thompson, Clark Browne, l.g.  r.g., Halliday, Veeder Brooks, r.g.  l.g., Warner, Thompson

Score--Harvard, 16; Princeton, 13. Goals from floor--Allen 4, Currie, Browne, Halliday 2, Clark 2, Veeder. Goals from fouls--Currie 4, Ryan 2, Clark. Referee--McGail of Dartmouth. Timer--Davis of Princeton. Time--20-minute halves.