ENCOURAGING BASKETBALL

Practice Between University and Freshman Teams Before Yale Game.

In a fast and very snappy basketball game in Mechanics Hall, Boston, yesterday afternoon, the University defeated the Freshman team by the score of 36 to 8. The practice was by far the most encouraging that has been held during the season, and showed that the team is in excellent condition for the game with Yale tomorrow. The men all played together well, and the passing was more accurate than for some time. During the past week the forwards have been improving rapidly in shooting, and their work last night was especially good.

It has not yet been decided whether Fish or Browne will start the game at centre; both men played that position yesterday. Scribner took Allen's place in the latter part of the game, and threw two baskets. He will make a valuable substitute in case either of the forwards is injured.

For the Freshmen, Jamerson and Wellmann played well, and Webber showed up well in taking the ball down the floor. The 1911 team, however, is still weak in shooting.

The summary: UNIVERSITY TEAM.  1911. Currie, l.f.  r.f., Jamerson Allen, Scribner, r.f.,  l.f., Miller Fish, Browne, c.  c., Wellmann Browne, S. Broun, l.g.  r.g., Dow Brooks, Almy, r.g.  l.g., Webber

Score-University team, 36; Freshmen, 8. Goals from floor-Allen 6, Currie 5, Brooks 4, Scribner 2, Browne 1; Jamerson 2, Webber 1, Wellmann 1. Referee-Howard.

Freshman Team Plays Yale.

The University and Freshman teams will practice again this afternoon in Mechanics Hall at 2 o'clock. This will be their last practice before the Yale games tomorrow.

The Freshmen will play their annual game with the Yale Freshmen before the University game. The Freshman game will begin at 7.45 o'clock. Between the two games and during the intermission the First Corps Cadets' band will play.

Tickets for the Yale Game.

Tickets for the game are on sale at the office of the Athletic Association, Amee's, Brine's, Leavitt & Peirce's, the Rendezvous, and Wright & Ditson's, Boston. Cheering-section tickets may be obtained only at Leavitt & Peirce's. Any Yale men in the graduate schools desiring seats in the Yale cheering section may obtain them from the secretary of the Yale Club, Boston. The price of tickets will be $1 and 75 cents for reserved seats, and 50 cents for admission.

Freshman Team Plays Yale.

Tickets for the Yale Game.